Thank you to all of the sponsors and players of the MAMF Annual Golf Outing, held at Oak Hill Golf Club, NJ.
Masters’ Association of Metal Finishers
Annual Golf Outing
Oak Hill Golf Course, Holland Township, New Jersey
October 3, 2017
New Brunswick Plating
Precious Metal Sales
Empire Metal Finishing
It is with sadness that we let you know that Elliot Cates, Past President of the MFSA, has passed. Mr. Cates was the owner of EneQuest Chemical Company Inc., Brooklyn, NY until his retirement in 1991.
Condolences can be sent to:
Mrs. Marian Cates
619C Heritage Hills
Somers, NY 10589
A memorial service will be held Sunday, October 8 at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church of Chappaqua, 210 Orchard Ridge Road, Chappaqua, NY 10514.
The Award of Merit is given to members of the industry who show meritorious service and achievement on both the local and national levels. We have three recipients of the Award of Merit this year:
Frank Dunigan, A Brite Company
for his outstanding contribution to NASF through SUR/FIN as an exhibitor, corporate member, NASF 1000 contributor and his regular participation in the Dallas branch of AESF for many years.
Betty Lou Mueller, Florida Finishers Corporation
for her tireless and selfless support of all activates within the Florida Finishers Corporation, including planning and execution of the annual Mid-Winter Finishers Conference.
Nancy Zapata, Control Electropolishing Corporation
for her dedicated work in the industry over the past 26 years and establishing the company, Electropolishing Corporation as a Minority Woman’s Business Enterprise. She has also been training her daughters to take over the company and has provided a foothold where women can be part of the surface finishing industry too.
Sales drying out?
Logo out of date?
A rebrand or brand refresh will help you flourish.
A brand refresh is a makeover for your company.
Think of it like a personal makeover … a better haircut, up-to-date outfit, and new shoes that transform how a person is perceived. It’s the same with your brand. A refresh can keep or update recognized visual elements. Or a new look, tone and presentation of the overall style will bring new recognition. A brand refresh maintains a visual connection to how the brand identity was seen before. But the “new suit” makeover is up-to-date, vibrant and designed for today’s audiences.
Keep the logo, shift the look
Add messaging and update colors
Expand the design system
Update and retain a visual connection
Check out MAMF’s Refreshed Logo
Partnering with the Masters’ Association of Metal Finishers chapter of NASF can help you do just that. We offer programs to help your business stand out amongst the rest. Our programs are designed to help you increase brand awareness, network with qualified business contacts and grow your business. We give members access to exclusive resources….
Become a Sponsor
- Increase exposure for your brand
- Opportunities to promote your company at well attended industry events and programs
- Share professional expertise with others in the industrial community
- Gain access to a targeted audience
- Reserve your spot front and center on our website today! As we showcase our chapter with our brand new website, we are making web sponsorship spots available to those who are interested. Contact us for more details on ad placement and rates.
- Monthly dinners gives those in the finishing industry in our local area educational information on a local and national perspective and industry networking all in idyllic settings. These event features a perfect mix of technical sessions and networking opportunities.
Golf Outing Sponsor
- The annual golf outing provides attendees with an opportunity to network over a fun game of golf.
Please Contact Donna-Jean for more Information – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Masters’ Association of Metal Finishers is here for you.
- To promote, in all lawful ways the development, efficiency and general welfare of the metal finishing industry and to foster a spirit of good will, confidence and friendliness among those persons active in the industry or related thereto by common business
- To promote, maintain and improve the skills, aptitude and quality of the metal finishing industry through a comprehensive program of continuing education.
- To assume leadership in fostering continued education and compliance of its members with regard to Federal, State, and local regulations pertaining to the metal finishing industry.
- To collect, preserve and disseminate to the members, the industry, and the general public, information as to the nature, importance and methods of the industry.
- To support the uniform enforcement of Federal, State, and local environmental and worker protection laws. We strongly believe that protection of the environment, the public at large, and the welfare of our work force are, and must continue to be, primary objectives of our Association and its members. We support all equitable and reasonable regulations designed to achieve those goals and we condemn those who would purposely evade those
NASF hosted the nation’s top policy experts, and the agenda focused on timely, strategic topics for industry decision makers. Sessions and events were held at the Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City and on Capitol Hill.
This year’s Conference highlights included:
- Jim VandeHei – Top political media analyst and entrepreneur, founder and CEO of Axios, co-founder of Politico
- Corey Lewandowski – Former Trump campaign manager and founder, Avenue Strategies
- Ann Wilson – Senior vice president, Motor Equipment Manufacturers Association
- Peter Morici – Economist and professor of business at the Smith School of Business, University of Maryland
- Andrew (Andy) Friedman – Founder of The Washington Upate, CNBC commentator and political affairs expert
- Tom Sullivan – Vice president, Small Business Policy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- David Fischer – Senior director, American Chemistry Council
- S. Senator Tammy Duckworth (D-IL) – Senate Environment, Commerce and Small Business committees.
Tagged: Washington Forum
MAMF celebrates its 100th with a grand celebration at the Chart House, Weehawken, NJ. A full house packed the Chart House to celebrate 100 years of comradery, fellowship, and technical achievement. Joined by Tim Pennington and Todd Luciano, Products Finishing Magazine, Jeff Hannapel, The Policy Group, and NASF President Paul Brancato – all had a wonderful time reminiscing, eating, and most certainly laughing. Thank you to our sponsors.
MAMF 100th Sponsors
Tilton Rack & Basket Corporation
Epic Industrial, Inc.
Metal Chem, Inc.
Gilbert & Jones
PM Sales Incorporated
- Welcome attendees to Leadership Conference in Naples, Florida
- NASF has Strong Financial Position with steady growth of net assets.
- AESF Foundation— strong financially with over a $1.5 million in assets
- 2017 AESF Foundation Goals—complete ongoing course improvements , web based resource center, supporting technical research into completing a new P2 manual, contributing towards education at SUR/FIN, contributions towards Bright Design program.
- Strengthening the financial position of the NASF 1000 towards a long term goal of $1,000,000.
- Bright Design programs in California and Michigan with goals of having programs throughout the US, graduating not just artists, and designers but engineers and scientists, educated on why they need metal finishing on many products.
- North American Expansion with partnerships with Mexican and Canadian finishing associations.
- Web Based Technical & Environmental Resource Center in partnership with the National Center for Manufacturing Sciences and US EPA with will include a world class technical paper archive.
- Securing a large new EPA grant in partnership with National Center for Manufacturing Sciences with a focus to research facility performance and complete sustainability benchmarking project and the current technical manual on P2 and Wastewater Control Technology.
- New 2017 Course with Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) which includes developing a new course for the automotive OEM community on surface finishing for SUR/FIN 2017
Tagged: Leadership Conference, Paul Brancato
The NASF SUR/FIN show floor is already 80% sold out as of January, and we look forward to a record-setting event in Atlanta on June 19-21, 2017.
- Here are some great reasons to attend SUR/FIN this year…
- LEARN – Choose from 80 informative conference presentations, education and training courses and other technical presentations to keep you informed and remain competitive in your market.
- From the Sustainability Summit and Automotive and Defense/Aerospace Forums to Coatings for Electronics and other topics, the SUR/FIN Conference Program will give you the latest, most relevant information available in surface technology industry.
- Scott Fetter of Lockheed Martin will kick off the Sustainability Summit with a keynote presentation on Monday, June 19, and more speakers will be announced soon. Don’t miss your chance to hear from Scott and other experts from a range of backgrounds give insights and strategies to succeed in the industry in 2017.
- COLLABORATE – Join more than 1,200 knowledgeable professionals from key industries such as aerospace, automotive and more. The southeast region’s automotive, aerospace and broader manufacturing presence continues to grow and provide opportunities for domestic and international surface finishing. SUR/FIN has not been located in the southeast for many years, so NASF is excited at the opportunity to welcome new attendees and exhibitors to Atlanta.
- EXPERIENCE – Meet nearly 200 exhibitors with information on the latest innovations and solutions to address your most challenging surface technology issues. The show floor is already 80% sold out as of January, and we look forward to a record-setting meeting and show in Atlanta.